Fashion Cultures: Theories, Explorations, and Analysis
Stella Bruzzi, Pamela Church Gibson
Routledge, 2000 - Design - 399 pages
From the catwalk to the shopping mall, from the big screen to the art museum, fashion plays an increasingly central role in contemporary culture. Fashion Cultures investigates why we are so fascinated by fashion and the associated spheres of photography, magazines and television, and shopping.
* re-addresses the fashionable image, considering the work of designers from Paul Smith to Alexander McQueen and Hussein Chalayan
* investigates the radicalism of fashion photography, from William Klein to Corinne Day
* considers fashion for the 'unfashionable body' (the old and the big), football and fashion, and geographies of style
* explores the relationship between fashion and the moving image in discussions of female cinema icons - from Grace Kelly to Gwyneth Paltrow - and iconic male images - from Cary Grant to Malcolm X and Mr Darcy - that have redefined notions of masculinity and cool
* makes a significant intervention into contemporary gender politics and theory, exploring themes such as spectacle, masquerade, and the struggle between fashion and feminism.
What people are saying - Write a review
The Fashioned Body: Fashion, Dress and Modern Social Theory
No preview available - 2000
African Painters: Fashion Cultures
Fashion Cultures: Theories, Explorations and Analysis Stella Bruzzi Editor, Pamela Church Gibson Editor Book Description From the catwalk to the shopping ...
africanpainters.blogspot.com/ 2006/ 11/ fashion-cultures.html
The besieged body: geographies of retailing and consumption ...
Home Advanced Search Browse Search History My Marked Citations (0) My Tools. Institution: Google Indexer | Sign In via User Name/Password ...
phg.sagepub.com/ cgi/ content/ refs/ 25/ 4/ 629
Popular Culture -- FASHION
Fashion Cultures: Theories, Explorations, and Analysis. London; New York: Routledge, 2000. Excellent collection of essays on all aspects of the social ...
www.wsu.edu/ ~amerstu/ pop/ fashion.html
Radner, H. (2000) ‘On the Move: Fashion photography and the Single girl in the 1960’s’ In Fashion Cultures: Theories, Explorations and Analysis. ed. by S. ...
www.anthroglobe.info/ docs/ kopninah_vogue_061022.html
Charmain Lee's Homepage: Charme'd Media
Fashion Cultures: Theories, Explorations and Analysis, various authors, Routledge, 2000 20th Century Fashion in Association with Vogue, Linda Watson, ...
www.charmainlee.co.uk/ portfolio/ fash-cult.html
Ong on dirty looks
Screening the past: an online journal of media and history
www.latrobe.edu.au/ screeningthepast/ reviews/ rev_18/ JObr18a.html
Rashna Wadia Richards - Show-Stoppers: 1937 And The Chance ...
Jane Gaines, "On Wearing the Film: Madam Satan (1930)," in Fashion Cultures: Theories, Explorations, and Analysis, eds. Stella Bruzzi and Pamela Church ...
muse.jhu.edu/ journals/ framework_the_journal_of_cinema_and_media/ v048/ 48.2richards.html
Design And Performance Lab. Conceptual Apparatus Jane M. Gaines " On Wearing the Film", in Bruzzi, Stella and Pamela Church Gibson, eds., Fashion Cultures. ...
people.brunel.ac.uk/ dap/ daplit.html
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Course Handbook 2007/08
5. List of staff for your course............................................... .............................................................. 6 ...
staff.ucreative.ac.uk/ Document%20Store/ Course%20Material/ Course-Handbooks-07-08/ Epsom/ BA%20(Hons)%20Fashion%20Course...
Társadalmi Nemek és Egyenlő Esélyek Központja / Miskolci Egyetem
Fashion Cultures, Theories, Explorations and Analysis, London and New York, Routledge 2000 9 Itt más megközelítésben használom az elitet, mint Simmel vagy ...
www.uni-miskolc.hu/ bolgender/ zsolt.htm