Heat & Mass Transfer (M.E.)
The entire bookhas been throughly revised and a large number of solved examples under heading Additional/Typical Worked Examples (Questions selected from various Universities and Competitive Examinations)have been added at the end of the book.
What people are saying - Write a review
These are some points which need correction.1. in chapter:4 question no-4.7, page no-299 ,the selection of initial temperature of ingot should be 90°C which change the answer by 0.00857 ms-1 in place of 0.01653 ms-1.
2. In chapter: 7, in internal flow (forced convection) there is lot of problem in selection of bulk temperature and film temperature .It should be film temperature in external flow in forced convection and mean bulk temperature in internal flow in forced convection.
3. In chapter:7, question no-7.27,page no-434 the mean bulk temperature should be (20+50)/2=35°C which change the selection criteria of properties of water and final answer should be change.
4. In chapter:8, article 8.3, the velocity profile should not be parabolic because it decreases towards boundary layer and maximum near to plate.
5. In chapter:8, question no-8.21 page no-532 again the film temperature selection in internal flow it should be mean bulk temperature.
6. in chapter:10, there is problem in selection of AMTED and LMTED .in questions as follows:-
Question 10.8 pg no-595, question 10.11 pg no-599, question10.14 pg no-601, question 10.15 pg no-602; question 10.20 pg no-608, etc
In all question selection is LMTED but it should be AMTD because not more than 1.7.
its not a full book so can u provide me full book as my exam is tomorrow