* Detailed installation instructions and step-by-step descriptions of key desktop and server components help new users get up and running immediately
* Descriptions of the various distributions from people in the Linux community help users zero in on the best Linux for their needs
* The perfect migration guide for Windows and Macintosh desktop users who want to switch to Linux, as well as for systems administrators who want to set up secure, fully functioning server systems
* Covers Linux embedded systems, firewalls, and routers plus desktops and servers
* Includes Fedora Core 3, Debian Linux, SUSE Linux, Knoppix, Gentoo Linux, Slackware Linux, Mandrake Linux, Damn Small Linux, and a Linux firewall and router on DVD
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
Linux Bible: Boot Up to Ubuntu, Fedora, KNOPPIX, Debian, OpenSUSE, and 11 ...
Limited preview - 2008
Apache applications audio boot loader bootable Linux browser button chapter choose command line configuration files connection contains Coyote Linux create daemon Debian default device display document drive e-mail client enables Ethernet example ext3 Fedora Core file system firewall floppy folder format Gentoo GNOME graphical hard disk hardware Here’s home directory host icon install interface Internet IP address iptables kernel KNOPPIX Linspire Linux distributions Linux system login Mandrakelinux menu messages Microsoft modem mount Mozilla open source operating system options output package panel partition password port PortSentry printer Red Hat Linux root user screen sendmail shell Slackware source code SUSE Terminal window type the following UNIX window manager Yellow Dog Linux