« PreviousContinue »
4. Considered the rough draft of the annual report of the Council for the year 1915 prepared by the General Secretary. After discussion of the draft, it was resolved that it should be passed as amended by the Council.
5. Considered a suggestion that invitations for the annual meeting of the Society should also be issued to selected nonmembers. The Council are of opinion that the General Secretary, when is.Juing invitation to the members of the Society for the annual meeting to be held on the 24th January 1916, should request each member to state whether he will be able to at'end, and also to state whether he would like to bring with him any one or two non-members as visitors, and if so, to give the names
and addresses of the latter, so that cards of invitation may issue i to them so far as space permits.
6. The Council desire to suggest that that part of Rule 53 which provides that ordinary meetings of the Society shall be held once a quarter might suitably be modified so as to prescribe that at least two ordinary meetings of the Society shall be held each year, one in the beginning, and one towards the end, of the cold season, so that papers passed by the Sub-Committees may be read and discussed. The Council make this suggestion in view of the fact that under present provincial conditions it will probably be found impracticable to hold a meeting of the Society every quarter, and also because they feel that many papers might be offered which would be suitable for reading and discussion, though not ripe for publication in the Journal.
held at Government House, Bankipore, on the 24th January, 1916.
PRESENT : 1, The Hon'ble Mr. C. E. A. W. Oldham, 1.c.s., Vice
President, in the Chair. 2. The Hon'ble Mr. E. H. C. Walsh, 0.8.I., 1.c.s. 3. Mahamahopadhyaya Pandit H. P. Shastri, M.A., C.I.E. 4. S. Sinba, Esq., Bar-at-Law. 5. K. P. Jayaswal, Esq., M.A., Bar.-at-Law.
6. P. Kennedy, Esq., M.A., B.L. 7. Principal V. H. Jackson, Esq., M.A. 8. D. B. Spooner, Esq., B.A., PH.D. 9. Professor Jadu Nath Sarkar, M.A., P.R.S. lu. Babu Sarat Chandra Roy, M.A., B.L. 1. The minutes of the last meeting were read and confirmed.
2. Pending applications for membership were considered, and 19 ordinary members were duly elected. Their names are noted below :1. Babu Baidya Binod Singh Deo, Zamindar of Icha,
district Singhbhum. 2. R. D. Banerjee, Esq., M.A., Assistant Superintendent,
Archæological Survey of India, Indian Museum,
Calcutta. 3. T. A. Gopinath Rao, Esq., M.A., Superintendent of
Archæology, Travancore State, Trivandrum (Madras). 4. G. E. Fawcus, Esq., M.A., Inspector of Schools, Chota
Nazpur Division, Ranchi.
5. Babu Krishna Gobinda Tewari, Pleader, Khunti, district
Ranchi. 6. Lady Holmwood, 17, Harington Mansions, Calcutta. 7. Babu Harnandan Pande, B.A., Excavation Assistant
to the Director-General of Archæology of India,
Simla. 8. L. E. B. Cobden-Ramsay, Esq., C.I.E., 1.c.s., Poli
tical Agent, Sambalpar. 9. The Right Revd. F. Westcott, Bishop of Chota Nagpur,
Ranchi. 10. Maulvi S. M. Fazl-i-Haqq, B.A., Deputy Magistrate
and Deputy Collector, Chaibassa, 11. Rai Bahadur Janki Prasad Tewari, Retired Superinten
dent of Police, Ranchi. 12. Babu Jagat Pal Sahay, Pleader, Ranchi. 13. Babu Nirinal Chandra Ghose, M.A., B.L., Pleader,
Bankipore. 14. Khan Bahadur Saiyid Sarfaraz Husain Khan, Hono
rary Magistrate, Patna. 15. Rai Bahadur Lal Rajendra Sing Bariha of Barasam
bar, district Sambalpur (C. P.) 16. Babu Haran Chandra Chakladar, M.A., Professor, B, N.
College, Bankipore. 17. T. S. Macpherson, Esq., M.A., 1.c.s., District and
Sessions Judge, Arrah. 18. H, N. I. Nandkeolyar, Esq., M.A., Bar.-at-Law, Banki
pore. 19. Rev. Angarika H, Dharmapala, 4-A, College Square,
BIHAR AND ORISSA RESEARCH SOCIETY
For the year 1916.
Darbhanga. The Hon'ble Maharaja Lahadur Sir Ravaneswar Prasad Singb, K.C.I.E.,
of Gidhaur. Maharaja Bir Mitradays Singh Deo of Sonepur State.
His Honour Sir Edward Albert Gait, K.C.S.I., C.I.E., I.C.S.
The Hon'ble Mr. C. E. A. W. Oldham, I.C.S.
General Secretary. Babu Sarat Chandra Roy, M.A., B.L.
Joint-Sccretary. Professor Jogindra Nath Samaddar, B.A.
Treasurer. S. Sinhr, Esq., Bar.-at-Law.
Departmentul Secretaries. Secretaries for History Section-K. P. Jayaswal, Esq., M.A., Bar..at:
Law, and Professor J. N. Samaddar, B.A. Sccretary for Archæology and Numismatics-D. B. Spooner, Esq.,
Shastri, M.A., C.I.E., and Nawab Shams-ul-'Ulama Saiyid
(Continued on page 3 of cover)