« PreviousContinue »
" It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. Αnd ye are pufied up, and have not rathermourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you, 1 Cor. v. 1, 2,
* See on Μatt. xviii, ver. 16. Η
b See on John xv. ver. 19.
* See on Rom. xi. ver.36. clause 2.
* Ο foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among, you! Τhis only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith ! Αre ye so foolish ! having begun in the Spirit, 3.ΥΘ γ. now made perfect by the flesh ! Ηave ye suffered so many things in vain if it be yet in vain. Ηe therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith ! Gal. iii. 1-5. Βut now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage ! Υe observe days, and
months, and times, and years. I am
1 beseech you, be as Ι am ; for I am as yeare : ye have not injured me at all. Υeknow how through.infirmity of the fiesh I preached the Gospel unto you at the first. Αnd my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, πor rejected, but received me as an angel of God, ευen as ChristJesus. Whereisthen theblessednessyespake of: for I bear you record, that, if it Rad been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me. Αm I therefore become vour enemy, because I tell you the truth! iv. 9-16. Υe did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth ! v. 7.
5 See on Rom. v. ver. 2. clause 2.
• For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another Gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him, 2 Cor. xi. 4.
* Υe shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that yo may keep the commandments of ί: LoRD your God, which I command you, Deut. iv. 2. For Ι testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall addunto him theplagues thatare written in thisbook : Αnd if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book, Rev. xxii. 18, 19.