« PreviousContinue »
"Εχουσάν τε τείχος μέγα και υψηλόν, έχουσαν πυλώνας δώδεκα, και επί τοις ασυλώσιν αγγέλους δώδεκα, και ονόματα επιγεγραμμένα, ά εστι των δώδεκα φυλών των υιών Ισραήλ,
* Απd had a wall great and high, and had tuelue gates, and at the gates tteelue angels, and names ιυritten thereon, which are the names of the tuelue tribes of the children of Israel:
* Αnd the gates of the city shall be after the names of the tribes of Israel: three gates northward, one gate of Reuben, one gate of Judah, one gate of Levi. Αnd at the east side four thousand aud five hundred : and three gates; and one gate of Joseph, one gate of Βenjamin, one gate of Dan. Αnd at the south side four thousand and five hundred measures : and three gates, one gate of Simeon, one gate of Issachar, one gate of Ζebulun. Αt the west side four thousand and five hundred, ιοίth their three gates : one gate of Gad, one gate of Αsher, one gate of Νaphtali, Isa. xlviii. 31-34.
Α. D. 96. Gentiles shall come unto thee. Τhe multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Μidian and Εphah ; all they from Sheba shallcome: they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the Loπ D. Αll the flocks of Κedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Νebaioth shall minister unto thee : they shall come up with acceptance on mine altar, and I will glorify the house of my glory. Who αre these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows ! Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Τarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LoRD thy God, and to the Ηoly Οne of Israel, because he hath glorified thee. Αnd the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee ; for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee. Τherefore thy gates shall be open continually, they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings mau be brought, Isa. Ιx, 3-11. Go through, go through the gates , prepare ye the way of the people ; cast up, cast up the highway, gather out the stones, litt up a standard for the people. Βehold, the LonD bath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Ζion, Βehold, thy salvation cometh , behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. Αnd they shall call them, Τheholy people, Τhe redeemed ofthe LonD : and thou shalt be called, Sought out, Αcity not forsaken, 1x. 10-12. "Τhe kings of Τarshish and of the isies shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall ofter gifts. Υea, all kings shall fall down before laim : all nations shall serve him, Ρsal. Ιxxii. 10, 11.
and they need no candle, neitherlight of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever, chap. xxii. 5. Τhy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LoaD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended, Isa. lx. 20. Αnd it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: Βut itshall be one day which shall be known to the LonD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light, Ζech.
xiv. 6, 7. VΕR. 26. Και οίσουσι την δόξαν και την τιμήν των εθνών εις αυτήν. * Αnd they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
* Αll the days wherein the plague shall be in him he shall be defiled, he is unclean : he shall dwell alone ; without the camp shall his habitation be, Lev. xiii. 46. I will early destroy all the wicked of the land ; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the LonD, Psal. ci. 8. Αnd an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called, Τhe way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it, but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein, Ιsa. xxxv. 8. . Αwake, awake, put on thy strength, Ο Ζion; put on thy beautiful garments, Ο Jerusalem, the holy city : forhenceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean, lii. 1. For Ι will cleanse their blood that 1 have not cleansed : for the LoRD dwelleth in Ζion, Joel iii. 21. Τhe Son ofman shall sendforth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingaom all things that offend, and them
Which do iniquity, Μatt. xiii. 41. Κnow ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God ! Βe not deceived : neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Νor thieves, nor covetous, nordrunkards, norrevilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God, 1 Cor. vi. 9, 10. Νow the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Αdultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Εnvyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told Jou in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God, Gal. v. 19-21. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord, Ηeb. xii. 14. b See on Luke x. ver. 20. clause 2.
* Τhey shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house , and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures, Psal. xxxvi. 8. Τhere is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most Ηigh, xlvi. 4. Ι will open rivers in high Ε and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the αry land springs of water, Isa.xli. 18. For thus saith the LoRD, Βehold, Ι will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream : then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees, Izvi. 12. Αnd it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem ; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hindersea : in summer and in winter
shall it be, Ζech. xiv. 8. Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who itis that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given theeliving water, John iv. 10. Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. Ηe that believeth onme, as the Scripturehath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. ( Εί this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Ηoly Ghost was not yet given , because that Jesus was not yet glorified,) τii. 37-39, VΕR, 2.
Εν μέσω της πλατείας αυτής, και του ποταμού εντεύθεν και εντεύθεν, ξύλο ζωής, ποιούν καρπούς δώδεκα, κατά μήνα ένα, έκαστον αποδιδούν τον καρπόν αυτού και τα φύλλα του ξύλου εις θεραπείαν των εθνών,
Ιn the midst of * the street of it, ανια on either side of the river, " was there the tree of life, which bare ιuelue manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit ευerg month: αnd the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations,
* Αnd the street of the city uαε pure gold, as it were transparent glass, chap. xxi. 21. "See on chap. ii. ver. 7. clause 3.
*Τhen said he unto me, Τhese Waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: uhich being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed. Απd it shall come to pass, that everything that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the riτers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: forthey shall be healed, and every thing shall live whither the river cometh, Εzek. xlvii. 8, 9. Βut μnto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall, Μal. iv. 2. Τhe Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath
VΕR. 10. Και λέγει μοι. Μη σφραγίσης τους λόγους της προφητείας του ζιζλίου τούτου, ότι ο καιρός εγγύς έστιν, Αnd he saith unto me, ο Seal not the savings of the prophecy of this book: "for the time is at hand. * Αnd the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true : wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it εhall be for many days, Dan. viii. 26. Αnd he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end, xii. 9. b Βlessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein : for the time is at hand, chap. i. 3.