« PreviousContinue »
Dd. XII. 32.
Dd. XII. 33.
• Physica INCIPIENTIUM.'
There are passages in this MS. omitted in the other, and vice versa. Ff. 78–89 contain two treatises, De Meteoris and de Ventis, not to be found in Dd. vi. 46. The last 28 leaves are blank.
Dd. XII. 34.
Dd. XII. 35. A small paper book, of about the same size, on the same subject, and of about the same date as the preceding.
Dd. XII. 36. A 12mo, on paper, containing about 150 folios, much of which is blank; written in English:
• The Great Oyer of Poysoning' appears on the fly-leaf,
health & happinesse
this 8 day of May 1626
Your most bounden Jo: ood. * The proceedings which happened between Lady Frances Howard & Robert Earl of Essex.'
See above, under No. 325.
$ 2. • The proceedings against Richard Weston and others for the murder of Sir Thos. Overbury.'
Dd. xi. 37.
S'il y a nation du monde qui doit...
Dd. XII. 38.
3. ff. 39—83. Miscellanea. Theological notes, Medical recipes, &c. &c.
It is bound up with the previous MS.
Dd. XII. 39.
1. ff. 1-3. OF THE SEVEN VIRTUES.
Anoper pinge to knowe god almyghty...
... if we life skilfully as goddes lawe teches us, &c.
Owre Lorde God almyghty spekes...
...in blisse of heven wipouten ende Amen.
fforsobe þat Theophul be firste Sermone I made...
...wip fulle traiste wipouten lettynge.
We schal bilewe pat pis Pater noster...
fredame. So be hit
Dd. XII. 40. A paper book, in 12mo, now for the most part of blank leaves, containing
Short Minutes of the Charge brought against Watson bishop of St David's.'
See 'A large review of the summary view of the Articles exhibited against the Bishop of St Davids, 4to, 1702.
Many leaves at the beginning have been cut out.
At the end is a list of books lent by the possessor of the MS. to various persons: among the rest to Dr Bentley.
A duodecimo, on parchment, of 279 leaves (numbered throughout) irregularly written, in the xvith century. Many leaves are blank.
1. ff. 1–95. A TREATISE ON TRIBULATION AND TEMPTA-
Off such as use to put syke men...
...and beddeth us syk and ask and it shal be geven us.
The gloryouse blessed Trinyte...
Some bryngyth S. Paule as Luther...
...savor of hevynly joy.
5. ff. 221–276. OF THE VI SACRAMENTS.
As towching þe vıı Sacraments...
...schuld not be reasonable, sure, ne profitable. 759
Dd. XII. 42.
• A Treatise, in the form of question and answer, on the
What is God's glory ? and how may we conceive of it?
If therefore thou wilt approve thyself a Minister of Jesus Christ, and
Dd. XII. 43.
COLLECTIONS FROM THE Public RECORDS, and his own
Amongst these Collections will be found a valuation of the dilapidations of the property of the See · libelled by Bishop Jegon against the administrators of Bishop Redman.' This book was completed in or soon after the year 1632.
See Blomefield's Norfolk, 11. 401, n. ".
Dd. XII. 44.
1. ff. 1–11. "De SPIRITU ET Anima.' Capp. 1–33.
Quoniam dictum est mihi...
...aliud non sit quam ratio.
2. ff. 12-20. A Glossary of Proper Names occurring in Scripture, with their meanings : similar to that usually found at the end of copies of the Vulgate.
3. ff. 20—22. The Gospels Harmonized : in the form of references arranged in parallel columns.
4. ff. 22–25. A table of the Gospels and Epistles for the Sundays and Holydays through the year.
5. ff. 25—31. A fragment of a Latin Glossary.
Loquitur secreto anime mee...
...hoc totis precordiis concupisco.
An Extract from S. Ambrose, de Sacramentis, Lib. v. Opp. Paris, 1690, 1. Pp. 377–380.
This is followed by brief notes from Eusebius, &c.
9. ff. 46-53. Sermons,' various.
The titles are ' De Sancto Petro et Paulo,' 'De delicto et peccato,''De damnatis,’ ‘De cruce,''De ascensione Domini.'
10. ff. 54-213. . * ARISTOTELIS ETHICORUM VER810 LA-
Aristotelis Ethicorum libros facere latinos nuper institui...
Explicit liber decimus ethicorum q m. iohannes hyl....
Dd. XII. 45.