« PreviousContinue »
LISTS OF TITLES OF PUBLIC ACTS AND JOINT RESOLUTIONS WHICH
BECAME LAWS IN THE SECOND SESSION, LIIA CONGRESS, WITH DATES
OF APPROVAL AND AMOUNTS OF APPROPRIATIONS. 1. Terminating the reduction in the
River Bridge Company to construct and numbers of the Engineer Corps of the maintain a bridge across Cane River, in Navy. Dec. 16, 1892.
Louisiana. Jan. 9, 1893. 2. Making Saturday a half-holiday for 19. To amend an act approved March panking and trust company purposes in 2, 1891, authorizing the construction of a he District of Columbia. Dec. 22, 1892. bridge across the Red River, Louisiana, 3. Authorizing the Secretary of the by the Rapides Bridge Company, limited. Treasury to reconvey to Lucius U. Malt Jan, 9, 1893. by and Louise W. Maltby, his wife, Mar 20. Authorizing the construction of a garet Elizabeth Lucus, and the Sea Girt bridge across the Columbia River, in the Land Improvement Company a piece of State of Washington, Jan 10, 1893. land selected as a site for the Squan In
To admit free of duty the wrecklet Light Station, New Jersey, but found age of the ships Trenton and Vandalia, to be unsuitable for the purpose of said presented by the United States to the station. Dec. 22, 1892.
King of Samoa. Jan. 10, 1893. 4. To make Punta Gorda a sub-port of 22. Granting to the Blue Ridge Mounentry. Dec. 22, 1892.
tain Irrigation and Improvement Com5. To provide for the sale of Navy pany a right of way for reservoir and Yard lands in the city of Brooklyn. Dec. canals through the Umatilla Indian Res22, 1892.
ervation, in the State of Oregon. Jan. 6. To provide an American register for 12, 1893. the barge Sea Bird, of Perth Amboy, N. 23. To amend the act of March 3, 1873, J. Dec. 22, 1892.
for the relief of the Columbian Univer7. To extend to Duluth, Minn., the sity, in the District of Columbia. Jan. 14, privileges of the first section of an act 1893. entitled "An act to amend the statutes in 24. Granting to the Yuma Pumping Irrelation to immediate transportation of rigation Company the right of way for dutiable goods, and for other purposes,' two ditches across that part of the Yuma approved June 10, 1880. Dec. 22, 1892. Indian Reservation lying in Arizona.
8. To provide for the disposal of cer Jan. 20, 1893. tain abandoned military reservations in 25. To amend the proviso to be found the State of Wyoming. Dec. 22, 1892. in connection with the free-delivery ser
9. To amend and enlarge the act ap vice, page 569, 24th volume, Statutes at proved June 18, 1878, entitled "An act to Large. Jan. 23. 1893. provide for the distribution of the awards 26. To remit the penalties on the lightmade under the convention between the house steamer Pansy. Jan. 23, 1893. United States of America and the Re 27. To authorize the Secretary of War public of Mexico, concluded on the 4th to convey to School District No. 12, of day of July, 1868." Dec. 28, 1892.
Kittery, Me., a portion of Fort McClary 10. To amend and enlarge the act ap Military Reservation, in exchange for proved June 18, 1878, entitled "An act to other land. Jan. 23, 1893. provide for the distribution of the awards 28. To amend "An act to promote the made under the convention between the construction of a safe deep-water harUnited States of America and the Repub bor on the coast of Texas," approved lic of Mexico, concluded on the 4th day Feb. 9, 1891. Jan. 23, 1893. of July, 1868." Dec. 28, 1892.
29. For the relief of M. P. Deady. Jan. 11. To authorize the Alabama Grand 25, 1893. Trunk Railroad Company to bridge across 30. To authorize the construction of the
Tallapoosa and Coosa rivers. Dec. bridges across the Hiwassee, the Tennes28, 1892.
see and the Clinch rivers, in the State of 12. To provide for the removal of the Tennessee. Jan. 26, 1893. remains of the late Ensign D. F. Terrell, 31. To authorize the construction of a United States Navy, from Sítka, Alaska, bridge across the Mississippi River above to his home in the State of Mississippi. New-Orleans. Jan. 26, 1893. Jan, 5, 1893.
32. To establish a life-saving station at 13. Granting increase of pension to sol Gay Head, on the coast of Massachudiers of the Mexican war in certain setts. (Appropriates $10,000.) Jan. 27, cases. Jan. 5, 1893.
1893. 14. To incorporate the Protestant Epis. 33. Relating to post tradership. Jan. 28, copal Cathedral Foundation of the Dis 1893. trict of Columbia. Jan, 5, 1893.
34. To authorize the Court of Claims to 15. Authorizing the sale of land in the hear and determine the claims of cervicinity of Fort Mifflin on the river Del
tain New York Indians against the United aware. Jan. 6, 1893.
States. Jan, 28, 1893. 16. For relief of the Citadel Academy, 35. To amend "An act authorizing the of Charleston, s. C. Jan. 6, 1893.
construction of a railway, street rallway, 17. To amend an act entitled "An act
motor, wagon and pedestrian bridge over authorizing the sale of title of the United the Missouri River, near Council Bluffs, States in lot three in square south of Iowa, and Omaha, Nebraska, and to exsquare 990. approved March 3, 1891. tend the time for the completion of the Jan. 7. 1893.
bridge therein provided for," Jan. 28, 1893. 18. to amend an act approved April 22, 36. To amend an act entitled "An act 1890, authorizing the Natchitoches Cane to forfelt certain lands heretofore grant
ed for the purpose of aiding in the con pany of the District of Columbia, Fel struction of railroads, and for other pur 13, 1893. poses. Jan. 31, 1893.
67. Relating to navigation of vessel 37. For the relief of William Smith and bills of lading and to certain obligation others. Feb. 2, 1893.
duties and rights in connection with th 38. To authorize the construction of a carriage of property. Feb. 13, 1893. bridge across the Osage River, between 58. Authorizing Velasco and Surfsid the mouths of Pomme de Terre River Terminal Railway Company to construk and Buffalo Creek, in Benton County, a bridge across the Galveston and Brazd Missouri. Feb. 3, 1893.
Canal. Feb. 14, 1893. 39. Relating to proof of citizenship of 59. To authorize the construction of applicants for Indian war pensions under bridge across the Saint Mary's River, be the act of Congress approved July 27, tween the States of Florida and Georgia - 1892. Feb. 3, 1893.
Feb. 14, 1893. 40. To provide for lowering the height 60. To authorize the Homestead an of a bridge proposed to be constructed Pittsburg Bridge Company to construct across the Ohio River between Cincin-bridge over the Monongahela River fron nati, Ohio, and Covington, Ky., by the Pittsburg to Homestead. Feb. 14, 1893. Cincinnati and Covington Rapid Transit 61. Granting additional quarantin Bridge Company. Feb. 4. 1893.
powers and imposing additional dutie 41. To provide for the enlargement of upon the Marine Hospital Service. Feb the military post at Fort Wayne, Mich. 15, 1893. Feb. 4, 1893.
62. Providing for sundry lighthouses 42. Establishing a fog signal at Tibbets and other aids to navigation. (Appro Point, Lake Ontario, New-York. (Ap- priates $675,900.) Feb. 16, 1893. propriates $4,300.) Feb. 6, 1893.
63. To amend an act entitled "An ac 43. Relating to the anchorage and move for the construction of a railroad and ment of vessels in the port of Chicago. wagon bridge across the Mississippi River Feb. 6, 1893.
at South Saint Paul, Minnesota," ap: 44. To amend an act approved August proved April 26, 1890. Feb. 15, 1893. 6, 1888, entitled An act to authorize 64. To amend section 4,347 of the Re. the construction of a bridge across the vised Statutes of the United States. Feb. Alabama River." Feb. 7, 1893.
15, 1893, 45. To authorize the construction of a 65. To authorize the Chesapeake and bridge across the Mobile River by the Ohio Railway Company to renew its railChicago, Mobile and Gulf Ports Railroad road bridge across the Big Sandy River, Company. Feb. 7, 1893.
upon such plans and location as may be 46. To amend An act authorizing the approved by the Secretary of War. Feb. construction of a high wagon bridge across 15, 1893. the Missouri River at or near Sioux City, 66. For relief of certain settlers on pubIowa," and so forth. Feb. 7, 1893. lic land in the Tucson land district in
47. To make Rockport, Tex., a sub-port Arizona Feb. 15, 1893. of entry. Feb. 8, 1893.
67. Granting right of way to the Colo48. To establish a Court of Appeals for rado River Irrigation Company through the District of Columbia and for other the Yuma Indian Reservation in Califorpurposeg. Feb. 9, 1893.
nia, Feb. 16, 1893. 49. To authorize the construction of a 68. Authorizing the construction of a bridge across the Warrior River by the bridge over the Mononga hela River at Montgomery, Tuscaloosa and Memphis West Elizabeth, in the State of PennsylRailway Company. Feb. 9, 1893.
vania. Feb. 15, 1893. 50. For the construction and mainte 69. Making appropriations for fortificanance of a bridge across the St. Law tions and other works of defence, for the rence River. Feb. 9, 1893.
armament thereof, for the procurement of 51. To extend the provisions of an act heavy ordnance for trial and service, to provide for the muster and pay of cer and for other purposes. (Appropriates tain officers and enlisted men of the $2,210,055.) Feb. 18, 1893, volunteer forces. Feb. 9, 1893.
70. To incorporate the Eclectic Medical 52. To amend an act entitled "An act Society of the District of Columbia. Feb. to authorize the building of a railroad 18, 1893. bridge at Little Rock, Ark." Feb. 11, 71. Granting to the Santa Fe, Prescott 1893.
and Phoenix Railway Company the right 53. To authorize the construction of a of way across the Whipple Barracks milibridge across the Cahaba River, in Bibb tary reservation in Arizona. Feb. 18, 1893. County, Alabama, by the Montgomery, 72. To change the name of the Capitol, Turcaloosa and Memphis Railway. Feb. North 0 Street and South Washington 11, 1893.
Railway Company. Feb. 18, 1893. 54. In relation to testimony before the 73. To authorize the Union Railroad Interstate Commerce Commission, and in Company to construct and maintain a cases of proceedings under or connected bridge across the Monongahela River. with an act entitled "An act to regulate Feb. 18, 1893. commerce," approved February 4, 1887, 74. To amend an act entitled "An act and amendments thereto. Feb. 11, 1893. to incorporate the Masonic Mutual Rellet
55. To extend the provisions of Section Association of the District of Columbia, 8 of the act entitled "An act to repeal approved March 3, 1869. Feb. 20, 1893. timber culture laws and for other pur 75. To grant to the Gainesville, Okla. poses, approved March 3, 1891, concern homa and Gulf Railway Company ing prosecutions for cutting timber on right of way through the Indian Terri. public lands to Wyoming. New Mexico tory, and for other purposes. Feb. 20, and Arizona Feb. 13, 1893.
1893. 56. To amend the charter of the Eck 76. To ratify and confirm agreement be. ington and Soldiers' Home Railway Com tween the Puyallup Indians and the
Northern Pacific Railroad Company for right of way through the Puyallup Indian Reservation. Feb. 20, 1893.
77. Authorizing the Secretary of the Treasury to obtain plans and specifications for public buildings to be erected under the supervision of the Treasury Department, and providing for local supervision of the construction of the same. Feb. 20, 1893.
78. To restore to the public domain a portion of the White Mountain Apache Indian Reservation, in the Territory of Arizona, and for other purposes. Feb. 20, 1893.
19. To ratify and confirm an agreement made between the Seneca Nation of Indians and William B. Barker. Feb. 20, 1893.
80. To amend an act establishing a court of private land claims and to provide for the settlement of private land claims in certain States and Territories, approved March 3, 1891. Feb. 21, 1893.
81. To extend to the North Pacific Ocean the provisions of the statutes for the protection of the fur-seals and other fur-bearing animals. Feb. 21, 1893.
82. To amend an act entitled "An act to provide for the establishment of a port of delivery at Council Bluffs, Iowa." Feb. 21, 1893. -83. Granting certain rights and privileges to the commissioners of waterworks in the city of Erie, Pennsylvania. Feb. 23, 1893.
84. To provide for the publication of the Eleventh Census. Feb. 23, 1893.
85. To amend "An act making appropriations for the construction, repair, and preservation of certain public works and rivers and harbors and for other purposes, approved July 13, 1892. Feb. 24, 1893.
86. Relative to voluntary assignments by debtors for the benefit of creditors, in the District of Columbia, and to amend section 782 of the Revised Statutes of the United States, relating to the District of Columbia. Feb. 24, 1893.
87. To narrow California-ave., within Bellair Heights, District of Columbia. Feb. 24, 1893.
88. Authorizing the construction of a bridge over the Monongahela River at the foot of Main-st., in the borough of Bellevernon, in the State of Pennsylvania. Feb. 24, 1893.
89. To incorporate the American University. Feb. 24, 1893.
90. To amend the act of May 6, 1890, fixing the rate of interest to be charged on arrearages of general and special taxes now due the District of Columbia, and for other purposes. Feb. 25, 1893.
91. For the benefit of the State of Kentuoky, Logan and Simpson counties and of Louisville, Kentucky and of Sumner and Davidson counties, Tennessee. Feb. 25, 1893.
92. For the further continuance of the publication of the Supplement to the Revised Statutes of the United States. Feb. 27, 1893.
93. Making appropriations for the support of the Army for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1894, and for other purposes. (Appropriates $24, 225,639 78.) Feb. 27. 1893
struct and operate a railroad, telegraph, and telephone line through the Indian Territory, and for other purposes. Feb. 27, 1893.
95. To amend the charter of the Brightwood Railway Company of
the District of Columbia. Feb. 27, 1893.
96. To grant to the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railway Company a right of way through the Indian Territory, and for other purposes. Feb. 27, 1893.
97. Authorizing the construction of a free bridge across the Arkansas River, connecting Little Rock and Argenta. Feb. 28, 1893.
98. Granting to the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railway Company the use of certain lands at Chickasha Station, and for a "Y" in the Chickasaw Nation, Indian Territory. Feb. 28, 1893.
99. To amend an act entitled "An act to grant to the Mobile and Dauphin Island Railroad and Harbor Company the right to trestle across the shoal water between Cedar Point and Dauphin Island, approved September 26, 1890. Feb. 28, 1893.
100. Making appropriations for the diplomatic and consular service of the United States for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1894. (Appropriates $1,559,045.) Mar. 1, 1893.
101. To create the California Debris Commission and regulate hydraulic mining in the State California. (Appropriates $15,000.) Mar. 1, 1893.
102. Authorizing the Saint Louis and Madison Transfer Company to construct a bridge over the Mississippi River. Mar. 1, 1893.
103. To authorize the construction of a bridge across the Calumet River. Mar, 1, 1893.
104. Making appropriations for the support of the Military Academy for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1894. (Appropriates $432,556 12.) Mar. 1, 1893.
105. Making appropriations for the payment of invalid and other pensions of the United States for
the fiscal year ending June 30, 1894, and for other purposes. (Appropriates $166,531,350.) Mar. 1, 1893.
106. To grant to the Gainesville, McCallister and Saint Louis Railway Company & right of way through the Indian Territory, and for other purposes.
Mar. 1, 1893.
107. To grant to the Champlain and Saint Lawrence Railroad Company a right of way across the Fort Montgomery military_reservation. Mar. 1. 1893.
108. Το authorize the Montgomery Bridge Company to construct and maintain a bridge across the Alabama River near the city of Montgomery, Alabama. Mar. 1, 1893.
109. To amend an act approved July 27, 1892, entitled "An act to provide for the improvement of the outer bar of Brunswick, Georgia." Mar. 1, 1893.
110. Extending the time for the construction of the Big Horn Southern Railroad through the Crow Indian Reservation. Mar. 1, 1893.
111. For the relief of Seaton Norman. Mar. 1, 1893. 112. To remove a cloud from the title
113. To promote the safety of em ending June 30, 1894. (Appropriates ployes and travellers upon railroads by $3,323,300.) Mar. 3, 1893. compelling common carriers engaged in 131. Relating to copyrights. Mar. 3, interstate commerce to equip their cars 1893. with automatic couplers and continuous 132. To continue the duties on certain brakes and their locomotives with driv manufactures of flax at the rate now Ing-wheel brakes, and for other purposes. provided by law. Mar. 3, 1893. Mar. 2, 1893.
133. For the relief of William and Mary 114. "To provide a permanent system of College, of Virginia. (Appropriates $64,highways in that part of the District of 000.) Mar. 3, 1893. Columbia lying outside of cities. Mar. 134. To authorize the Lake Shore and 2, 1893.
Michigan Southern Railroad Company to 115. Making appropriations for the ex renew its railroad bridge across the Calupenses of the Government of the District met River upon or near the site of its of Columbia for the fiscal year ending present bridge and upon a location and June 30, 1894, and for other purposes. plans to be approved by the Secretary of (Appropriates $5,413,223 91.) Mar. 3, 1893. War, and to operate the same.
Mar. 3, 116. To provide for the survey and 1893. transfer of that part of the Fort Randall 135. For the relief of the Stockbridge military reservation in the State of Ne and Munsee tribe of Indians in the State braska to said State for school and other of Wisconsin. March 3, 1893. purposes. Mar. 3, 1893.
136. To prescribe the number of dis117. To authorize the constriction of a trict-attorneys and marshals in the jubridge over the Tennessee River at 01 dicial districts of the State of Alabama. near Sheffield, Alabama. Mar. 3, 1893. Passed over veto.
118. To amend rule 7, section 4.233, Re 137. Establishing a standard gauge for vised Statutes, relating to rules for pre sheet and plate iron and steel. March venting collisions on the water. Mar. 3, 3, 1893. 1893.
138. În relation to the pay of Rear119. To ratify and confirm an agree Admiral James E. Jouett, retired. March ment with the Kickapoo Indians in Okla 3, 1893. homa Territory, and to make appropria 139. Granting the right of way through tions for carrying the same into effect. the Arlington Reservation for railroad (Appropriates $69,650.) Mar. 3. 1893. purposes. Mar. 3, 1893. 120. Regulating the sale of intoxicating
140. To authorize the Interoceanic Railliquors in the District of Columbia. Mar, way Company to construct and operate 3, 1893.
railway, telegraph and telephone lines 121. To provide for the adjustment of through the Indian Territory. Mar. 3, certain sales of lands in the late rese 1893. vation of the confederated Otoe and Mis. 141. To regulate the manner in which souria tribes of Indians in the States of property shall be sold under orders and Nebraska and Kansas. Mar. 3, 1893.
decrees of any United States courts. 122. To facilitate the enforcement of Mar. 3, 1893. the immigration and contract-labor laws 142. To amend Section 766 of the Reof the United States. Mar. 3, 1893. vised Statutes of the United States. Mar.
123. For the examination and allow 3, 1893. ance of certain awards made by a board of claims to certain citizens of Jefferson
PUBLIC RESOLUTIONS. County, Kentucky. (Appropriates $8,191 1. Relating to the discharge of certain Mar. 3, 1893.
official duties in the office of Register of 124. Making appropriations for sundry the Treasury. Dec. 13, 1892. civil expenses of the Government for the 2. To pay the officers and employes of fiscal year ending June 30, 1894, and for the Senate and House of Representatives other purposes. (Appropriates $41, 701,311 their respective salaries for the month of 15.) Mar. 3, 1893.
December, 1892, on the 21st day of said 125. Making appropriations for current month. Dec. 20, 1892. and contingent expenses, and fulfilling 3. To print and bind 2,000 extra copies treaty stipulations with Indian tribes, for each of the drill regulations for infantry, fiscal year ending June 30, 1994, Mar. cavalry and artillery. Jan. 7, 1893. fiscal year ending June 30, 1894. (Appro 4. To fill vacancies in the Board of priates $7,854,646 63.) Mar. 3, 1893.
Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. 126. Making appropriations to supply Jan. 9, 1893. deficiencies in the appropriations for the 5. Providing for the printing of the fiscal year ending June 30, 1893, and Agricultural Report for 1892, (Approfor other purposes. (Appropriates $8,049, priates $300.) Jan, 16, 1893. 588 45.) Mar, 3, 1893.
6. To authorize the Secretary of the 127. Making appropriations for the legis Treasury to cover back into the Treasury lative, executive and judicial expenses of $18.800 of the apɔropriation to Choctaw the Government for the fiscal year end and Chickasaw Indians. Jan. 18, 1893. ing June 30, 1834, and for other purposes. 7. Making an appropriation of $5,000 for (Appropriates $21,892,402 32.) Mar. 3, 1893. clearing the Potomac River of ice. (AP
128. Making appropriations for the Na propriates $5,000.) Jan, 25, 1893. val Service for fiscal year ending June 30, 8. To authorize the Secretary of War 1894, and for other purposes. (Appro to grant permits for the use of reservapriates $22.104,331 38.) Mar. 3, 1893. tions and public spaces in the city of
129. Making appropriations for the ser Washington, and for other purposes. Jan. vice of the Post Office Department for the 26, 1893. fiscal year ending June 30, 1894. (Appro 5. Directing the Secretary of War to priates $83,807,700.) Mar. 3, 1893.
investigate the subject of raft-towing on 130. Making appropriations for the De the Great Lakes and their connecting partment of Agriculture for the fiscal year watery Feb. 3, 1893.
10. To provide for maintenance of order 19. Authorizing members to certify during Inaugural ceremonies, March, 1893. monthly the amount paid by them for Feb. 3, 1893.
clerk hire, and directing the same to be 11. Authorizing the loan, for exhibition paid out of the contingent fund of the at the World's Columbian Exposition, of House. Mar. 3, 1893. the picture entitled “The Recall of Columbus," by Augustus G. Heaton. Feb. 13, 1893. 12. Authorizing the Secretaries of War
RECORD OF LIID CONGRESS. and of the Navy to loan to the Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies flags, and
Whole number of bills
and so forth. Feb. 14, 1893.
joint resolutions introduced 13. Providing for additional telegraphic
(including private pension and electric-light facilities in the city of
14,893 Washington during the inaugural cere
Whole number of bills and monies on the 4th day of March, 1893.
joint resolutions passed (inFeb. 15, 1893.
cluding private pension bills) ... 710 14. To amend an act entitled "An act
Whole number of bills and making Saturday a half holiday for
joint resolutions approved by banking and trust companies in the Dis
the President (including pritrict of Columbia," approved December vate pension bills)..
694 22. 1892. Feb. 18, 1893.
Failed of approval by Presi15. To provide for the construction of dent
16 a wharf as a means of approach to Became laws by lapse of time. 6 the monument to be erected at Wake Vetoed by message.
(a) 4 field, Virginia, to mark the birthplace of Unsigned at adjournment.. (b)6 George Washington. Feb. 25, 1893. Whole number of laws enacted. (c)701
16. Authorizing payment, under act of August 30, 1890, to the State of Vir PRIVATE PENSION BILLS. ginia, upon the assent of the Governor, heretofore given, till adjournment of Whole number Introduced...... 3,772 next session of the Legislature thereof. Whole number passed.
212 Feb. 25, 1893.
Whole number approved by 17., Authorizing the Secretary of the President
210 Smithsonian Institution to send articles Became laws by lapse of time. 2 illustrative of the life and development of the industries of women
to the World's Columbian Exposition. Mar. 3,
(a) One bill vetoed by message was 1893.
passed over the veto. (b) Two bills 18. Authorizing the loan, for exhibition which passed both branches of Congress at the World's Columbian Exposition, of were not enrolled in time to receive certain paintings therein stated. Mar. Presidential approval. This includes one 3, 1893.
law enacted over Presidential veto.
ANALYSIS OF THE MORE IMPORTANT ACTS,
WITH THE VOTE ON THEIR PAS
SAGE, WHERE CONTESTED.
SECOND SESSION, LIID CONGRESS.
AMBASSADORS, RANK OF, IN THE ARMY, NAVY AND MARINE DIPLOMATIC SERVICE.
CORPS. The Diplomatic Appropriation act of MUSTER AND PAY OF ENLISTED March 1, 1893, provides that, whenever
MEN. the President shall be advised that any The act of February 19, 1893, provides foreign Government is represented, or is that the provisions of an act to provide about to be represented in the United
for the muster and pay of certain officers States by an Ambassador, Envoy Ex
and enlisted men of the volunteer forces, traordinary, Minister Plenipotentiary. Minister Resident, Special Envoy, or Charge
approved June 3, 1884, as amended by an d'Affaires, he is authorized, in his discre
act approved February 3, 1887, be, and
the same tion, to direct that the representative of
are herebyrevived and exthe United States to such Government
tended for a period of three years from shall bear the same designation. This
the third day of June, 1892. provision shall in nowise affect the duties, PURCHASE OF DISCHARGE FROM powers or salary of such representative.
NAVY OR MARINE CORPS. (Under this the United States Ministers The Naval Appropriation act of March to Great Britain, France, Germany and 3, 1893, provides that in time of peace the Russia have become Ambassadors.)
President may, in his discretion, or under