« PreviousContinue »
CHOICE COLLECTION OF BOOKS,
LIBRARY OF ZELOTES HOSMER, ESQ.,
OF CAMBRIDGE, MA S S.,
Early English Literature and Standard Juthors;
FINE EDITIONS, CHOICE COPIES AND RARE BOOKS
BIBLIOGRAPHY, HISTORY, POETRY, THE DRAMA,
Rare Editions of the Greek and Latin Classics,
ALDINE, ELZEVIR, AND JUNTA PRESSES,
AND OTHER EARLY PRINTED BOOKS.
ALL IN THE FINEST POSSIBLE CONDITION;
WHICH WILL BE SOLD BY AUCTION,
LIBRARY SALESROOM, 49 TREMONT STREET, BOSTON,
And three following days,
EACH DAY AT TEN O'CLOCK PRECISELY.
PRINTED BY ALFRED MUDGE & SON, 34 SCHOOL STREET:
CONDITIONS OF SALE.
1. The highest bidder to be the buyer. If any dispute shall arise between two or more bidders, the Auctioneer not being able to decide, the lot so disputed, shall be put up again and re-sold.
2. The purchaser shall give his name and residence, and pay a deposit, if required; the same to be in part payment of the purchase money; in default of which, the lot, or lots, so purchased, to be immediately put up again and re-sold.
3. The lots to be taken away, at the purchaser's expense, within three days after the conclusion of the sale, and the remainder of the purchase money to be paid previous to the delivery of the goods.
4. Upon failure to comply with the above conditions, the money deposited will be forfeited, and all goods not removed within the time named, may be re-sold by public or private sale, on account of the purchaser, and any deficiency occurring at such re-sale, to be made good by said purchaser.
5. The Books are presumed to be perfect, unless otherwise expressed. All notices of imperfection must be made PREVIOUS TO THEIR REMOVAL from the Sale Rooms. No allowance will be made for stained, soiled, or short leaves.
No LOTS DELIVERED DURING THE TIME OF SALE.
Gentlemen, who cannot attend the Sale, may have their commissions faithfully executed by the Auctioneers. The Commissions on purchases by the Auctioneers, will be five per cent. on the amount of bills.
Orders for the purchase of Books, may be sent to C. B. Richardson, Esq., publisher of Hist. Mag., New York, or care of Leonard & Co., Boston.
LEONARD & CO., AUCTIONEERS、