« PreviousContinue »
He proud Byce of Beinglorye Remebreth not of purgatoire His Bolos toys be so gute Hym thynketh of heuen no beyete This lyues pompe is at his pes Pet that he eye netheles And therof thynketh be but a lyfe Foz al his luft is to delyte In nebe thynges proud & Beyne Ao ferforth as he may atteyne
trobe pf that he myght make His body nee he Bold take A nee forme & leue his olde Fz Tohat thyng that he may beholde The Which the comon Bfe is straunge Anone hie old guyfe chaunge De Bole falle therupon Lyche Bnto the Camelyon Which Bpon euery fondry he Chat he behold he mote newbe His colour & thus Bnaupsed Fuloftyme he ftant desguysed Moze ioplyf than the byrd in May He maketh hym euer feffche & gay And doth at his arap afguyfe So that of hpm the nee guyse Of lufty folk al other take
The Library of
of New York
MANUSCRIPTS, INCUNABULA, HISTORICAL
AMERICANA, FRENCH ILLUSTRATED BOOKS,
PART III-A TO K
TO BE SOLD BY AUCTION
BEGINNING ON MONDAY, APRIL 15,
The Anderson Auction Company
MADISON AVENUE AT FORTIETH STREET
TELEPHONE, BRYANT 7990
(SEE ORDER OF SALES ON PAGE 3)
1. All bids to be per Lot as numbered in the Catalogue.
2. The highest bidder to be the buyer; in all cases of disputed bids the lot shall be resold, but the Auctioneer will use his judgment as to the good faith of all claims and his decision shall be final.
3. Buyers to give their names and addresses and to make such cash payments on account as may be required, in default of which the lots purchased to be immediately resold.
4. Goods bought to be removed at the close of each sale. If not so removed they will be at the sole risk of the purchaser, and subject to storage charges, and this Company will not be responsible if such goods are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
5. Terms Cash. If accounts are not paid at the conclusion of each Sale, or, in the case of absent buyers, when bills are rendered, this Company reserves the right to recatalogue the goods for immediate sale without notice to the defaulting buyer, and all costs of such resale will be charged to the defaulter. This condition is without prejudice to the rights of the Company to enforce the sale contract and collect the amount due without such resale at its own option. Unsettled accounts are subject to interest at the rate of six per cent. per annum.
6. All books are sold as catalogued, and are assumed to be in good condition. If material defects are found, not mentioned in the catalogue, the lot may be returned. Notice of such defects must be given promptly and the goods returned within ten days from the date of the sale. No exceptions will be made to this rule.
7. Autograph Letters, Documents, Manuscripts and Bindings are sold as they are without recourse. The utmost care is taken to authenticate and correctly describe items of this character, but this Company will not be responsible for errors, omissions, or defects of any kind.
8. Bids. We make no charge for executing orders for our customers. We use all bids competitively and buy at the lowest price permitted by other bids.