« PreviousContinue »
242. POE'S WORKS, Six Odd Vols., 1894: Cowper's Poems, 3 vols., 1854; Lillo's Dramatic Works, 2 vols., 1810 (binding broken); and others. 20 vols.
243. POPE (ALEXANDER). Life of Pope from Original Manuscripts, and with Critical Essay. Front. 8vo, half calf, gilt. (Autograph of G. A. Sala on title.) Lond. 1769 244. PORTRAITS IN MEZZOTINT. Madame de Pompadour, in colors, by S. Arlent Edwards. Proof signed by the Artist on silk Japan paper. 8vo, with mat. Henriette de Bourbon, in colors, by S. Arlent Edwards. Proof signed by the Artist on silk Japan paper. 8vo, with mat.
Mrs. Sarah Siddons, in colors, from a miniature. Proof signed by the Artist on silk Japan paper. 8vo, with mat. Very pretty.
Do. Another copy. Svo, with mat.
Princess de Lamballe. Proof on silk Japan paper signed by the artist, S. Arlent Edwards. 8vo, with mat. Nell Gwynn, in colors, by S. Arlent Edwards. Proof signed by the Artist on silk Japan paper. 8vo, with mat. Very pretty.
Madame Le Brun, in colors, by S. Arlent Edwards. Signed by the Artist on silk Japan paper. 8vo, with mat. 251. Marie Antoinette, in colors, by S. Arlent Edwards. Remarque proof on silk Japan paper signed by the Artist. 4to, with mat. Fine.
252. POUCHET (F. A.) The Universe; or, The Wonders of Creation. 270 illusts. Thick 8vo, cloth, gilt. Bost. 1883
253. PRACTICAL MECHANICS. Appleton's Cyclopædia of Applied Mechanics: a Dictionary of Mechanical Engineering, etc. Edited by Park Benjamin. Nearly 5,000 illusts. 2 thick imp. 8vo vols., sheep. N. Y. 1880-1 Do. Another edition. 2 vols. imp. 8vo, half moN. Y. 1861 255. PRISON JOURNALS during the French Revolution, by the Duchesse de Duras, 1891; Parton's Eminent Women, portraits; Thomson's History of the War of 1812, and of the Mexican War, 1887; and others. 10 vols.
256. PUNCH'S POCKET BOOK FOR 1875 AND 1877. Colored folding fronts. and numerous other illusts. by Charles Keene, Tenniel, Linley Sambourne, and others. 2 vols. 16mo, limp
Vol. II., 1892; Duruy, Histoire des Grecs, illust., Vol. I., 1887; Wagner's Prose Works, Vol. I., 1892. 8vo and royal 8vo. 3 vols.
258. REBELLION. A Rebel War Clerk's federate States Capitol. By J. B. Jones. cloth.
Diary at the Con2 vols. post 8vo, Phil. 1866
Narrative of Military Operations during the Late War. By General Joseph E. Johnston. Steel plates and maps. Thick 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1874
260. REBELLION. Life of General W. T. Sherman. By W. F.
261. REFORMATION (THE) AND MODERN PROTESTANTISM: a
262. RENÉE MAUPERIN, and Germinie Lacerteux, by De Gon-
263. REVELATIONS of High Life within Royal Palaces, the
266. ROSSETTI (DANTE GABRIEL). Complete Poetical Works,
267. RUBAIYAT. Quatrains from Omar Khayyam. Done into
268 of Omar Khayyam. By Edw. Fitzgerald, with a
269. RUSKIN. John Ruskin on Himself and Things in Gen-
Scarce, having been withdrawn from circulation immediately after
271. SCOTT (SIR W.) Illustrated Boston Edition. 12 vols.
273. SCOTT's Waverley Novels, 4 vols., 1879: Lytton's Cax-
274. SHAKESPEARE. The Pictorial Edition of the Works of
275. SHAKESPEARE. Booth's Facsimile Reprint of the 1623
and Mery Tales and Quicke Answeres. With Introduction
278. SHAKESPEARIANA. Four Chapters of North's Plutarch
279. Life of Edmund Malone, the Editor of Shakespeare,
280. SHELLEY (P. B.) Poetical Works.
281. SHENSTONE (W.) The Poetical Works, with Life, Dis-
282. SILK-WORM. An Essay, containing many improve-
Edited by Pro-
vols. post 8vo, cloth (name on title).
The Principles of Sociology. 2 vols. post 8vo,
Annals and a Tale of the Turf. By A. Collingridge. Post
290. The Best Season on Record.
The Sportsman and his Dog; and Scottish Sports
The Sporting Almanac for 1841.
293. SPORTSMAN AND HIS DOG (THE), by H. B. Hall, 1850;
1895. Selections of Poetry, with Critical Introduction and
295. STEVENS (G. A.) A Lecture on Heads, with Additions
297. STEVENSON (R. L.) The Wrecker, David Balfour, Vir-
298. SUPERNATURAL (THE). More Glimpses of the World
Faust. Transl. from Goethe.
302. TENNYSON (LORD). Complete Poetical Works. With
303. THACKERAY (W. M.) Cambridge and Sterling Illus-
304. THIERS (M.) History of the French Revolution. Transl.,
306. TOBACCO, ETC. Strong Drink and Tobacco Smoke. By
307. TOPFFER (R.) Premiers Voyages en Zigzag, 1874, and
309. TRANSACTIONS of the American Society of Civil Engi-
310. TRIAL of the Rev. E. K. Avery for the Murder of Sarah
311. UNIVERSAL HISTORY, by Tytler, 6 vols., 1840;
to Walpole and Voltaire, portrait, 4 vols., 1810; Daniel Deronda, by George Eliot, 2 vols., 1887; and others. 20 vols.
312. VER VERS DE SOCIÉTÉ. The Muses of Mayfair. Selec
tions from Alfred Austin, Austin Dobson, Bret Harte, Mortimer Collins; and others. Edited by H. Cholmondeley Pennell. Post 8vo, half calf, gilt. (Autograph of G. A. Sala on title.) Lond. 1874
WA ASHINGTON (GEORGE). Memoirs. By his Adopted
Son, G. W. P. Custis. With Explanatory Notes by Benson J. Lossing. Illust. 8vo, cloth.
Edgewood Publishing Co. 
314. WEBBER (C. W.) The Hunter Naturalist. Romance of Sporting; or, Wild Scenes and Wild Hunters. Numerous illusts., some colored. Royal 8vo, cloth. Phil. 1852 Addington Small 4to, Lond. 1893
315. WHITMAN (WALT). A Study. By John Symonds. Portrait and 4 illusts. FIRST EDN. cloth.
316. WHITTIER (J. G.) Poems. Illust. by H. Billings, and with portrait by Warren. 8vo, cloth, gilt. Bost. 1854 317. The Tent on the Beach, and other Poems. FIRST EDN. Crown 8vo, cloth. Bost. 1867
Do. Another copy. FIRST EDN. Miriam, and other Poems. Crown 8vo, original cloth. 320. WILMINGTON IMPRINT. The Peasant's Fate, and Poems. By W. Holloway. Front. by Tiebout. 12mo, sheep.
FIRST EDN. Front.
321. WOOD (J. G.) Illustrated Natural History and the Natural History of Man. Hundreds of illusts. 5 vols. royal 8vo, cloth. N. Y., n. d.
322. WYCHERLEY (WM.) The Country Wife. A Comedy. Small 4to, full calf, gilt edges, inside borders by Pratt. Rare. Lond. 1695