« PreviousContinue »
Israel. a prosperous Reign, but try of Abab is punished entring into an Alliance by the Want of Rain for with Abaziah King of If above 3 Years. rael, his Navy is destroy- Elijab is fed by Ravens ed by a Tempeft. at Cherith. At Zarepbath,
5. Fehoram his Son 8 raises from the Dead the Years. Marries Atbaliab Son of a Widow. Upon the Daughter of Abab. his Prayer Rain is senc. He murders all his Bre- Fire descends from Hea. thren, sets up the Idola- ven upon his Sacrifice. try of Baal. For these The Priests of Baal are Impieties he is threatened destroyed by his Order. by Elijah, his Kingdom Jezebel the Queen deis ravaged by the Pbi- nounces Vengeance alistines and Arabians. The I gainst him. Ahab cove. Edomites Revolt. He is | ting Naboth's Vineyard, smitten with an incurable | orders him to be murDisease, so that his Bowels der'd, and takes Pofferfell out.
fion of the Vineyard. A6. Abaziab reigns wick- bab is Nain in Battle. edly ı Year. Is sain by 8. Abaziah 2 Years. Febu. After the Death of Reigns wickedly, sends 2
Abaziah, Atbaliab his Mo- Captains with 50 Soldiers. ther destroys all the Seed each to apprehend EliRoyal, except Joash. jab, who are consumed
3. Joash 40 Years. by Fire from Heaven. By Reigns well all the Days direction of an Angel Éof Teboiada ; but hearken | lijab is sent to Mount Siing to the Counsel of the nai, is translated to Hea. Princes, sets up Idolatry. ven in a fiery Chariot.
Zechariab the Prophet 1 9. Jehoram 12 Years. denouncing Vengeance a- He destroys the Image of gainst him, is stoned in
Baal, obtains by the Praythe Temple. Joash is murer of Elishah a great vi. dered by his Servants. ctory over the King of
Moab. 8. A SPEC Elisha
Ifrael. 8. Amaziab 29 Years. Elisha multiplies the He is warned not to enter Widow's Oyl, and raises into any Confederacy with the Shunamite's Son from the King of Ifrael. Ha-, the Dead. Cures Naaman ving vanquished the Ar- of his Leprosy, and permy of the Edomites , forms many Miracles. Dilbringeth with him their closing the Counsel of the Gods and worships them; Syrians, the King sends upon which a Prophet is I an Army to take Elisha; sent to denounce the Di-l upon his Prayer they are vine Vengeance against Smitten with Blindness, him. Jerusalem is taken and led into Samaria. Afby the King of Israel. He ter this, Ben-badad beAies from Yerusalem, and is fiegeth Samaria, which is murder'd by his Servants. reduced to such Distress
9. Uzziah or Azariah by Famine, that Women 52 Years. As long as he eat their own Children. sought the Lord he was The Syrian Army beprosperous. Being elateding struck with a Pannick with his Prosperity he Fear, fly, leaving their presumes to burn Incense Camp standing, with all in the Temple; for which their Baggage, whereby he is struck with an incu-, the People enjoy the great rable Leprosy. In his Plenty foretold by Elifea. Days there were the fol. Jehoram is killed by lowing Prophets; i Ho- | Jebu in the field of Na. sea. 2 Joel. 3 Amos. 4 | both. Isaiah.
10. Jebu reigns 28 10. Jotham 16 Years. Years. Orders Jezebel to Conquers the Ammonites, be thrown out of a Winand reigns with great Pro- dow: She is eaten by sperity, because he pre- Dogs as was foretold by pared his Ways before the Prophet. He orders the Lord his God. 170 of Ahab's Children to
11. Ahaz 16 Years. See- be beheaded, and kills 42 ing an Altar at Damascus, of Abaziab's Brethren.
- Destroys Judah. . l Ifrael. sends the Model of it to Destroys the Family of Urijab the Priest, who | Abab, and all the Worsets it up in the Temple: shippers of Baal, but deSacrifices his own Chil-parts not from the Idoladren. For these Impieties try of the golden Calves'; • he is deliver'd into the for which in his Time maPower of the King of ny Provinces are conAsyria, who carries Cap- quered by the Syrians. tive a vast Number of 11. Jeboahaz reigns People. His Kingdom wickedly 17 Years.
is invaded by Pekah , 12. Tehoal 16 Years. i who in one Battle kill'd Retakes the Cities con· 120,000, and captivated quered by the Syrians, as
200,000. Enters into an was promised by Elisha Alliance with the King of before his Death. Asyria, by which he be- 13. Jeroboam the Second came greatly distressed. 40 Years.
12. Hezekiab 29 Years. 14. Zachariah is the Endeavours to reform fourth and last of Jebu's both Church and State. Race. He reigned over IfSennacherib besieges je rael 6 Months, is murrusalem, and sends a blaf der'd by Shallum. phemous Letter. . 15. Shallum i Month.
Upon Hezekiab's Pray. Is murder'd by Menabem, er he is assured by Isaiah 16. Menabem 10 Years. that the City should be 17. Pekaiah 2 Years. Is deliver'd: Which was not murder'd by Pekab, an Ofaccomplish'd by any hu- ficer in the Army, in his man Means ; for uponown Palace. Hezekiab's Prayer, an An. 18. Pekah 20 Years. gel destroys 185,000 of His Kingdom is invaded the Assyrian Army. by the Asyrians, who take
Hezekiah falling sick of many Provinces. He is a Pestilential Disease, is murder'd by Hosea.
assur'd Sirf 2 19. Ho
Ifrael. assur'd of his Recovery,| 19. Hofhea 9 Years. and that his Life should be prolonged 15 Years ; of which he had the Sign
Shalmanezer takes Sac of the Sun's going back
maria after a long Siege, 10 Degrees. The King
and conquers the whole of Babylon sends Embal
Countrey, and carries . fadors to congratulate him
way the Israelites Captive, upon his Recovery and
and thereby an End was this Miracle; to whom he
put to the Kingdom of shews all his Treasures :
Ifrael, which had contiWhereupon Isaiah foretels
nued 254 Years after the that there Treasures and
Separation from the Kingall his Family should be limofyndin
una pedom of Judab. carried Captive to Baby- Under which Captivity lon.
and Dispersion the Ten 13. Manasseb 55 Years, Tribes have remained a By his Wickedness the
bove 2400 Years. People of Judah fall into worse Impieties than those of the Heathens whom the Lord had destroyed ;
Note, From the Revolt to this he adds the shed
of the Ten Tribes, and ding of innocent Blood in
setting up the Kingdom great Abundance. The
of Israel, there are 19 Divine Vengeance falls
Kings in Succeffion, but upon him: Being taken
of io different Families; Captive, is carried in Fet
most of these Kings were ters to Babylon; where ha
murdered by the Officers ving humbled himself, and
of the Army, or their ser
vants. praying to the Lord, he is 1 restored to his Kingdom.
In the Kingdom of Yu14. Amon 2 Years.
I dah there are 19 Kings
from the Death of SoloReigns very wickedly,and is murdered by his Ser
mon, all of the Royal linc
of David, vants,
Judab. 15. Josiah 31 Years. He endeavours to reform both Priests and People, repairs the Temple, destroys Idolatry, is sain in a Battle by the Egyptians.
In his Time lived Jeremiah and Zephaniah. .
16. Shallum or Jeboahaz 3 Months. Is carried into Egypt, where he dies.
17. Eliakim or Jehoiakim 11 Years. He was carried Captive to Babylon, from which the seventy Years of the Captivity are reckoned.
18. Jehoiachin called also Koniah and Jeconias, 3 Months.
19. Zedekiah 11 Years. The Kingdom is given him by Nebuchadnezzar, from whom he revolts in Violation of his Oath.
After a long Siege Jerusalem is taken by the Chalde ans. Zedekiab's Eyes being put out, is carried in Chains to Babylon.
This Captivity happened 468 Years after the Beginning of David's Reign, 388 Years after the Revolt of the Ten Tribes, and 134 Years after the Captivity of the Ten Tribes.
After seventy Years, the Jews are restored by Cyrus, and are under the Government of
The Temple is rebuilt, about 588 Years before the Coming of Jesus Christ the Mefiah.
At the Time of our Saviour's Nativity, the Sceptre was departed from Judah, Herod an Edomite being their King, as was foretold.
The Romans take Jerusalem, the Temple is burnt. The whole Nation of the Jews have now continued about 1600 Years, dispersed over all the World, without King, Priest, Sacrifice, or Image, as was foretold by Moses and the Prophets.