« PreviousContinue »
of God, which is poured out without mixture, into the Cup of his Indignation; and he hall be tormented with Fire and Brimstone, in the Presence of the holy Angels, and in the Presence of the Lamb:
11. And the Smoke of their Torment afcendeth up for ever and ever : and they have no Reft Day nor Night, who worship the Beast and his Image, and whosoever receiveth the Mark of his Name.
Chap. xvi. 5. And I heard the Angel say, Thou art Righteous, O Lord, which art, and wait, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus:
6. For they have shed the Blood of Saints and Prophets, and thou hast given them Blood to drink ; for they are worthy.
Chap. xvii. 1. And there came an Angel and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither, I will shew unto thee the Judgment of the great WHORE, that fitteth upon many Waters:
2. With whom the KINGS of the Earth have committed FORNICATION, and the Inhabiters of the Earth have been made drunk with the Wine of her fornication.
3. So he carried me away in the Spirit into the Wilderress: and I saw a Woman fit upon a SCARLET coloured Beast, full of Names of Blasphemy, having seven Heads, and TEN Horns.
4. And the Woman was arayed in PURPLE and SCARLE'r Colour, and decked with Gold, and precious Stones, and Pearls, having a golden Cup in her hand, full of Abominations, and filthiness of her Fornication.
5. And upon her Forehead was a Name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS, AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6. And I saw the WOMAN drunken with the Blood of the SAINTS, and with the Blood of the MARTYRS of Jefils: and when I saw her, I wondred with great Admiration.
7. And the Angel said unto me, Wherefore didft thou marvel? I will tell thee the MYSTERY of the WOMAN, and of the Beast that carried her, which hath the seven Heads, and ten Horns.
8. The Beast that thou fawest, was, and is not; and Mall ascend out of the bottomless Pit, and go into Perdition: and they that dwell on the Earth thall wonder,
(whose Names were not written in the Book of Life from the Foundation of the World) when they beheld the Beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
9. And here is the Mind which hath Wisdom. The seven HEADS are seven MOUNTAINS on which the Woman sitterh.
10. And there are seven Kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11. And the Beast that was, and is not, even he is the Eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into Perdition.
12. And the Ten HORNS which thou sawelt, are TEN Kings, which have received no Kingdom as yet ; but receive Power as Kings one Hour with the Beast.
13. These have one Mind, and shall give their Power and Strength unto the Beast.
14. These shall make War with the LAMB, and the LAMB shall overcome them : for he is Lord of Lords, and King of Kings; and they that are with him, are called, and CHOSEN, and FAITHFUL. 15.
And he faith unto me, The Waters which thou fawest, where the WHORE fitteth, are Peoples, and Multitudes, and Nations, and Tongues.
16. And the ten Horns which thou fawest upon the Beast, these shall hate the Whore, and shall make her defolate, and naked, and shall eat her Flesh, and burn her with Fire.
17. For God hath put in their Hearts to fulfil his Will, and to agree, and give their Kingdom unto the Beast, until the Words of God shall be FULFILLED.
ND when he Rom,
POR the KINGDOM of
xiv, 17. God is not Meat and xvii. 20. was demanded
Drink, but Righteousness, and Peace, of the Pharisees, when the and joy in the HOLY
GHOST. KINGDOM of God should 1 Cor. iv. 20. For the KINGDOM
of God is not in Word, but is come ; he answered them, Power. and said, The Kingdom of Heb. viii. to. I will put my Laws God cometh not with Ob- into their Minds, and write them
in their HEARTS. fervation.
Col. i. 12. Giving THANKS unto 21. Neither shall they say, the Father, which hath made us Lo, here, or lo, there : for meet to be partakers of the Inheribehold, the KINGDOM of cance of the Saints in LIGHT.
13. Who hach delivered us from God is WITHIN you. the Power of DARKNESS, and hath
John xviii. 36. Jefus an- translated us into the KINGDON of fwered, My KINGDOM is his dear SON:
18. Who is the BEGINNING, not of this WORLD : If my the Firit-born from the DB AD, that Kingdom were of this World, in all Things he might have the then would my Servants Prc-eminence. fight, that I should not be in him should all FULNESS dwell.
19. For ic pleased the Father, that delivered to the Jews : but Ats v. 31. Him hath GOD er. now is my KINGDOM not alted with his right Hand, to be a
PRINCE and a SAVIOUR, for to from hence.
give Repentance to Ifral, and Forgivenels of Sins.
Heb. ii. 10. For it became him, for whom are all Things, and by whom are all Things, in bringing many Sons unto Glory, to make the Captain of their SALVATION perfect through Sufferings.
14. Forasmuch then as the Children are Partakers of Flesh and Blood, he also himself likewise took part of the fame ; that through DEATH he might destroy him that had the Power of Death, that is, the Devil;
15. And deliver then, who through Fear of Death were all their Life-time subje&t to BONDAGE.
2 Cor. x. 3. For though we walk in the FLESH, we do not war after the Fieb:
4. (For the Weapons of our Warfare are not CARNAL, but MISITY through God to the pulling down of STRONG-HOLDS),
S: Casting down Imaginations, and every high thing that exaltech ideig against the Knowledge of Gon, and bringing into Caprivity every Thought to the Obedience of Christ.
Rev.vii. 21. To him that uverCOMETH, will I grant co sic with me in my Throne; even as I also OVERCAME, and am fec down with my Father in his Throne.
A Description of the Glory, MA G
NIFICENCE, and UNIVERSALITY, of the Messiah's
Meffiah's KINGDOM, with the Prophecies relating thereto.
ND the Angel faid Pfal. Why do the HEATHEN unto Mary, Thou imagine a vain Thing?
rage, and the People shalt bring forth a Son, and 2. The Kings of the EARTH sec shalt call his Name JESUS. themselves, and the Rulers take 32. He shall be GREAT, and against his A NOINTED, saying,
counsel together against the LORD, and shall be called the SON
3. Let us break their Bands asun. of the HIGHEST ; and the der, and cait away their Cords from Lord God shall give unto
4. He that fittech in the Heavens him the Throne of his Fa- fhall laugh : the LORD shall have ther David.
them in DERISION.
s. Then shall he SPEAK unto And he shall REIGN 33.
them in his WRATH, and vex them over the House of Jacob for in his fore Displeasure. ever, and of his KINGDOM 6. Yet have I set my King upon there shall be no End. my holy Hill of Zion. Matt. xxv. 31. When the Lord hath said unto me, Thou are
7. I will declare the Decrce : the Son of Man shall come in my Son, this Day have í begotten his GLORY, and all the ho- thee.
8. Ask of me, and I shall give LY ANGELS with him, then
thee the Heathen for thine Inheri. shall he sit upon the Throne tance, and the uttermoft Parts of of his GLORY.
the Earth for thy Possession.
9. Thou shalt break them with a Chap. xxvi. 64. Hereafter
Rod of Iron, thou shalt darn them see the Son of Man in pieces like a Potter's Vessel. SITTING on the right Hand
io. Be wise now therefore, Oye of Power, and coming in KINGS: be instructed, ye JUDGES
of the Earth. the Clouds of Heaven.
11. Serve the Lord with FEAR, Chap. xxviii. 18. And fe- and rejoice with TREMBLING. fus came and spake unto
12. Kiss the SON left he be an
gry, and ye perilh from the Way, them, saying, ALL POWER when his Wrath is kindled but a is given unto me in Heaven little : Blessed are all they that puz and in Earth.
their Trust in him.
Pf. xlv. 6. Thy Throne, O God, 19. Go ye therefore and
is for ever and ever : the Scepere of teach all Nations, baptizing thy KINGDOM is a right Sceptre. them in the Name of the FA 7. Thou lovelt Righteousnels, and THER, and of the Son, and hatest Wickedness : therefore God,
thy God hath A NOINTED thee of the Holy Ghost: with the Oil of Gladness above thy
20. Teach Fellows.
20. Teaching them to ob 3. Gird thy Sword upon they serve all Things whatsoever I Thigh, 0 MOST MIGHTY: with have commanded you:
thy Glory and thy Majesty.
4. And in thy MAJESTY ride lo, I am with you alway, prosperously because of Truth, and even unto the End of the Meekness, and Righteousness: and WORLD. Amen.
thy right HAND Thall teach thee terrible Things.
PS. Ixviii. 4. Sing unto God, fing Praises to his Name : Extol him that rideth upon the Heavens by his Name JAH, and rejoice before him.
S. A Father of the Fatherless, and a Judge of the Widows, is God in his holy Habitation.
17. The Chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of AnGELS: the Lord is among them as in Sinai, in the Holy Place.
18. Thou hast afcended on high, thou hast led Captivity captive: thou hatt received Gifts for Men ; yea, for the Rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them.
20. He that is our God, is the God of SALVATION; and unto God the Lord belong the Issues from Death.
32. Sing unto God, ye Kingdoms of the Earth: 0 sing Praises unto the Lord.
33. To him that rideth upon the Heavens of Heavens, which were of old; Jo, he doth fend out his voice, and that a MIGHTY Voice.
34. Ascribe ye STRENGTH unto God : his Excellency is over Israel, and his Strength is in the Clouds.
PS. Ixxii. 4. He Iball Jungf. the Poor of the People, he hall save the Children of the Needy, and shall break in pieces the Oppreffor.
s. They shall fear thec as long as the Sun and Moon endure, chroughout all Generations.
7. In his Days shall the RIGHTEOUS Aourilh: and Abundance of Peace so long as the Moon endureth.
8. He shall have DOMINION aiso from Sca to Sea, and from the River unto the Ends of the EARTH.
11. Yea, all Kings fall fall down before him ; all Nations shall serve him.
12. For he shall deliver the Needy when he crieth: the Poor also, and him that hath no Helper.
14. He shall redeem their Soul from Deceit and Violence : and precious Thail their Bloon be in his Sight.
15. Prayer also shall be made to him continually, and daily Niall he be praised.
17. His Name (hall endure for ever : his Name shall be continued as long as the Sun, and Men shall be blefied in him ; all Nations shall call hiin bleiled.
19. And blessed be his GLORIOUS Name for ever, and let the whole Earth be filled with his GLORY,
PS. Ixxxix. 27. I will make him my FIRST-BORN, higher than the Kings of the Earth.
28. My Mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my COPENANT shall Itand talt with him.
29. His Seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his Throne as the Days of Heaven.
PS. xcvi. 1. O sing unto the Lord a new Song: fing unto the Lord all the Earth.
2. Sing unto the Lord, bless his Name : Thew forth his SALVATION from Day to Day,