About this book
Books on Google Play
PRINTED BY ANDREWS, PRENTISS AND STUDLEY,
I.-Alison's HistorY OF EUROPE,
History of Europe from the Commencement of
the French Revolution in 1789 to the Restoration
of the Bourbons in 1815. By Archibald Alison,
F. R. S. E., Advocate.
II.-ON THE RELUCTANCE TO PRAY,
III.-FESTIVALS OF THE ANCIENT CHRISTIANS,
Denkwürdigkeiten aus der Christlichen Archäologie;
mit beständiger Rücksicht auf die gegenwärtigen
Bedürfnisse der Christlichen Kirche, von D. Johann
Christian Wilhelm Augusti.
V.—THE CONNECTION BETWEEN INTELLECTUAL AND MORAL
1. An Address delivered before the Society of the
Alumni of Harvard University, August 27, 1844. By
Daniel Appleton White.
2. An Oration delivered at Cambridge, before the Phi
Beta Kappa Society in Harvard University, August
29, 1844. By George Putnam.
Lectures on certain High-Church Principles com-
monly designated by the term Puseyism. By
VII.-WRITINGS OF R. W. EMERSON,
Essays: Second Series. By R. W. Emerson.
1. Expository Lectures, on the principal Passages of
the Scriptures, which relate to the Doctrine of the
Trinity. By George W. Burnap.
2. Lectures on Christian Doctrine. By Andrew P.
NOTICES OF RECENT PUBLICATIONS.
Hildreth's Theory of Morals,
Choules's Reprint of Neal's History of the Puritans, 126
Colman's Consolatory Views of Death,
Sparks's Library of American Biography, Vol. iii,
Downing's Landscape Gardening and Rural Archi-
Colman's European Agriculture and Rural Econo-
my, Vol. i. Parts 1 and 2,
Notes on Cuba,
Flint's Historical Address,-Eaton's Poem,
Story's Phi Beta Kappa Poem,-Benjamin's Poem
before Mercantile Library Association,
Burnap’s Discourse on Duties of Citizen Soldier,
Emerson's Address on Emancipation in West
Indies,—Greeley's Address before Literary Socie-
ties of Hamilton College,-Hodges's Address at
Laying Corner-stone of Meeting-house in Somer-
ville,-Sargent's Lecture on the late Improve-
ments in Steam Navigation and the Arts of Naval
Warfare—Peabody's Lecture before Portsmouth
Lyceum-Remarks on Rev. Mr. Putnam's Phi
Beta Kappa Oration,
Religious Intelligence.--Ecclesiastical Record, Protes-
tant Episcopal Church, -Ordinations,Dedication,
Literary Intelligence.—New Works,—Common Schools,
Lectures,—Unitarian Works Abroad,
Miscellaneous Intelligence.—Replies to the Address of
I.-CONVENTIONS AND CONFERENCES,
II.-LIFE IN THE Sick Room,
Life in the Sick-Room. Essays.
III.—Miss BREMER's NOVELS,
Fredrika Bremer's Novels.
IV.-Bush ON THE RESURRECTION,
Anastasis : or the Doctrine of the Resurrection of
the Body, rationally and Scripturally considered.
By George Bush.
1. A Drama of Exile; and other Poems. By Eliza-
beth B. Barrett.
2. Poems. By Frances Anne Butler.
3. Poems. By Christopher Pearse Cranch.
4. Irish Girl; and other Poems. By Sarah Ellis.
5. Gonzalvo: or the Fall of Grenada. By Charles
6. The Waif: a Collection of Poems.
7. Conversations on some of the Old Poets. By
James Russell Lowell.
VII.-MASSACHUSETTS BOARD OF EDUCATION,
1. Eighth Annual Report of the Board of Education,
with the Eighth Annual Report of the Secretary
of the Board.
2. Abstract of the Massachusetts School Returns for
3. Remarks on the Seventh Annual Report of the
Hon. Horace Mann.
4. Reply to the “Remarks” of Thirty-one Boston
Schoolmasters on the Seventh Annual Report of
the Secretary of the Massachusetts Board of Edu-
cation. By Horace Mann.
5. Observations on a Pamphlet entitled “Remarks
on the Seventh Annual Report of the Hon. Horace
VIII.-LIFE AND DISCOURSES OF THE LATE Rev. G. W.
Practical Discourses. By George Wadsworth
Wells. With a Memoir.
AND HIS VIEWS,
1. Fourth Quarterly Report of the Executive Com-
mittee of the Benevolent Fraternity of Churches.
2. Obstacles to the Truth. Sermon. By John