« PreviousContinue »
12. AGASSIZ AND GOULD'S COMPARATIVE PHYSIOLOGY. New and Enlarged
Edition, with nearly 400 Illustrations. 13, 19, & 28. HUMBOLDT'S PERSONAL NARRATIVE OF HIS TRAVELS IN
AMERICA. With General Index. 14. PYE SMITH'S GEOLOGY AND SCRIPTURE. Fifth Edition, with Memoir. 16. OERSTED'S SOUL IN NATURE, &c. Portrait. 17. STAUNTON'S CHESS TOURNAMENT, with Diagrams. 18 & 20. BRIDGEWATER TREATISES. KIRBY on the Ilistory.. Habits, and
Instincts of Animals; Edited by T. RYMER JONES. In 2. Vols. Many Mustrations. 21. BRIDGEWATER TREATISES. KIDD On the Adaptation of External
Nature to the Physical Condition of Man. 3s. 6d. 22. BRIDGEWATER TREATISES. WHEWELL'S Astronomy and General Physics,
considered with reference to Natural Theology. Portrait of the Earl of
Bridgewater. 3s. 6d. 23. SCHOUW'S EARTH, PLANTS, AND MAN, and KOBELL'S SKETCHES
FROM THE MINERAL KINGDOM, Translated by A. HENFREY, F.R.S., &c.,
with Coloured Map of the Geography of Plants. 24. BRIDGEWATER TREATISES. CHALMERS on the Adaptation of External
Nature to the Moral and Intellectual Constitution of Man, with the Author's last
Corrections, and Biographical Sketch by the Rev. Dr. CUMMING. 25. BACON'S NOVUM ORGANUM AND ADVANCEMENT OF LEARNING.
Complete, with Notes, by J. DEVEY, M.A. 26 & 27. HUMPHREY'S COIN COLLECTOR'S MANUAL: a popular introduction
to the Study of Coins, ancient and modern; with elaborate Indexes, and numerous
highly-finished Engravings on Wood and Steel, 2 Vols. 29. COMTE'S PHILOSOPHY OF THE SCIENCES, Edited from the Cours de
Philosophie Positive,' by G. H. LEWES, Esq. 30. MANTELL'S (DR.) GEOLOGICAL EXCURSIONS, including THE ISLE OF
WIGHT. New Edition, with Prefatory Note by T. RUPERT JONES, Esq., numerous
beautiful Woodcuts, and a Geological ilap. 31. HUNT'S POETRY OF SCIENCE; or, Studies of the Physical Phenomena of
Nature. 3rd Edition, revised and enlarged. 32 & 33. ENNEMOSER'S HISTORY OF MAGIC, Translated from the German by
WILLIAM Howirt. With an Appendix of the most remarkable and best authenticated Stories of Apparitions, Dreams, Second Sight, Predictions, Divinations, Vampires, l'airies, Table Turning, and Spirit Rapping, &c., by Mary Howitt. In
2 Vols. 34. HUNT'S ELEMENTARY PHYSICS; an Introduction to the Study of Natural
Philosophy. New Edition, revised. Numerous Woodcuts and Coloured Frontispiece. 35. HANDBOOK OF DOMESTIC MEDICINE, by an eminent Physician (700 pages). 36. STANLEY'S CLASSIFIED SYNOPSIS of the Dutch, Flemish, and German
Painters. 37. BRIDGEWATER TREATISES. Prout on Chemistry, Meteorology, and the
Function of Digestion. Edited by DR. GRIFFITH. Coloureil Maps. 38. JOYCE'S SCIENTIFIC DIALOGUES. New and Enlarged Edition, completed to
to the present state of knowledge by Dr. GRIFFITH, (Upwards of 600 pages). Numerous Woodcuts.
39. STOCKHARDT'S AGRICULTURAL CHEMISTRY: or, CHEMICAL FIELD
LECTURES. Addressed to Farmers. Translated from the Germani, with Notes by PROF. HENFREY. To which is added a Paper on LIQUID MANURE, by J.J. MECHI, Esq.
BOHN'S ILLUSTRATED LIBRARY.
Uniform with the STANDARD LIBRARY, at 5s. per volume, 1 to 8. LODGE'S PORTRAITS OF ILLUSTRIOUS PERSONAGES OF GREAT
BRITAIN. 8 Vols post 8vo. 240 Portraits. 9. CRUIKSHANK'S THREE COURSES AND DESSERT, with 50 Illustrations. 10. PICKERING'S RACES OF MAN, with numerous Portraits (or Coloured 7s.611.) 11. KITTO'S SCRIPTURE LANDS, AND BIBLICAL ATLAS, with 24 Maps, (or
Coloured, 7s. 6d.)
BOHN'S ILLUSTRATED LIBRARY.
12. WHITE'S NATURAL HISTORY OF SELBORNE, with Notes by SIR WM JARDINE and others, edited, with large additions, by E. JESSE, Esq. With 40 highly-finished Wood Engravings (Coloured, 7s. 6d.)
13. DIDRON'S CHRISTIAN ICONOGRAPHY, with 150 beautiful Engravings. In 2 Vols. Vol. I.
14. REDDING ON WINES. New and Revised Edition, with 20 beautiful Woodents. 15 & 16. ALLEN'S BATTLES OF THE BRITISH NAVY. New Edition. Enlarged by the Author. Numerous fine Portraits on Steel. 2 Vols.
17 & 18. ROME IN THE NINETEENTH CENTURY. Fifth Edition, in 2 Vols., with 34 fine Steel Engravings, and Index.
19. MAXWELL'S VICTORIES OF WELLINGTON AND THE BRITISH ARMIES, with Engravings on Steel.
20. LIFE OF WELLINGTON, by "AN OLD SOLDIER," compiled from the materials of Maxwell, and continued by an eminent Author, with an Account of the Funeral. With 18 highly finished Engravings on Steel.
21. MARY AND WM. HOWITT'S STORIES OF ENGLISH AND FOREIGN LIFE, with 20 beautiful Steel Engravings.
22. BECHSTEIN'S CAGE and CHAMBER_BIRDS, including SWEET's Warblers. New Edition, greatly enlarged, numerous Plates (or Coloured, 7s. 6d.)
23. NORWAY AND ITS SCENERY, comprising PRICE's Journal, with large Additions and a Road Book. Edited by THOS. FORESTER, Esq. With 22 Illustrations beautifully Engraved on Steel by Lucas.
The Road Book is sold separately, price 28.
24. CHINA: PICTORIAL, DESCRIPTIVE, AND HISTORICAL, with some account of Ava and the Burmese, Siam and Assam. Illustrated by nearly 100 Engravings on Wood.
25. PICTORIAL HANDBOOK OF LONDON, comprising its Antiquities, Architecture, Arts, Manufactures, Trade, Social, Literary, and Scientific Institutions, Exhibitions, and Galleries of Art, &c. Illustrated with 205 Engravings on Wood, and a large and complete Map.
This volume, of which the former editions were published by Mr. Weale at 9s., contains above 900 pages.
26. MARY HOWITT'S PICTORIAL CALENDAR OF THE SEASONS, exhibiting the Pleasures, Pursuits, and Characteristics of Country Life, for every Month in the Year; and embodying the whole of AIKEN's Calendar of Nature. Upwards of 100 Illustrations.
27. DANTE, translated into English Verse by I. C. WRIGHT, M.A. Third Edition, carefully revised. Portrait and 34 Illustrations on Steel, after FLAXMAN.
28 & 29. MUDIE'S BRITISH BIRDS, or History of the Feathered Tribes of the British Islands. Fifth Edition, revised by W. C. L. MARTIN, Esq. Complete in 2 Vols., with 52 figures of Birds, and 7 additional Plates of Eggs. (Or, with the Plates Coloured, 7s. 6d. per Vol.)
30. TASSO'S JERUSALEM DELIVERED, translated into English Spenserian verse, with a Life of the Author by J. II. WIFFEN. Fourth Edition. 24 Engravings by THURSTON on Wood, and 8 on Steel.
31. INDIA: PICTORIAL, DESCRIPTIVE, and HISTORICAL, from the Earliest Times to the Present. Illustrated by upwards of 100 Engravings on Wood, and Map of Hindoostan.
32. NICOLINI'S HISTORY OF THE JESUITS: their Origin, Progress, Doctrines, and Designs. Portraits of Loyola, Lainez, Xavier, Borgia, Acquaviva, Père la Chaise, Ricci, and Pope Ganganelli.
33. ROBINSON CRUSOE, with Illustrations by STOTHARD and HARVEY, 12 beautiful Engravings on Steel, and 74 on Wood.