Krishna in History, Thought, and Culture: An Encyclopedia of the Hindu Lord of Many Names
Krishna is a central figure in Hinduism, a religion that has been a fundamental force for thousands of years. This accessible encyclopedia covers texts, practices, scholarship, and arts related to Krishna from the earliest known sources on.
* Overviews the importance of Krishna to world history
* Offers topical and thematic entries illuminating classical texts and practice and modern developments inside and outside India
* Covers philosophical traditions such as Advaita and vegetarianism as well as spiritual and yoga traditions and their contemporary adaptations
* Includes extensive studies of followers and founders of Krishna in India and around the world
* Shares geographical information regarding sacred places and places of pilgrimage