Practical Paleo, 2nd Edition (Updated and Expanded): A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle
With more than half a million copies sold, the first edition of Practical Paleo revolutionized the way we think about food and our bodies. Dubbed “The Paleo Bible” by readers, it explained how simply eating real, whole foods and avoiding processed, refined foods can improve our health—including reducing or even eliminating symptoms associated with common health disorders.
Now, this second edition has been updated to include new information, answer common questions, and make it even easier for you to customize your diet to meet your personal health goals.
TWO ENTIRELY NEW CHAPTERS
• “Getting Started with Paleo” shows you step by step how to switch to the Paleo way of eating, whether you want to go all-in all at once or transition gradually over time. This chapter also includes a a more comprehensive explanation of the 4R Protocol, which walks you through removing harmful foods, repairing the gut, reinoculating with beneficial bacterial, and reintroducing foods that were previously eliminated.
• “Living the Paleo Lifestyle” offers tips and suggestions for navigating holidays and parties, talking to friends and family about Paleo, getting your kids involved in the kitchen, and much more.
3 NEW 30-DAY MEAL PLANS
• The new meal plans provide guidance for addressing common health concerns: Adrenal Health (stress management), Healthy Hormones (for both women and men), and Liver Detox Support.
• There’s also a new detailed guide to finding the meal plan that’s right for you, so you can get the health benefits you need with the fewest restrictions.
40+ NEW RECIPES!
• These brand-new, mouthwatering recipes range from breakfast foods to family-friendly weeknight meals—many of which are one-pot or meal-in-one and use budget-friendly proteins.
• Recipes from the last edition have been updated based upon reader feedback over the years
• There’s also a new guide to special ingredients and where to find them
Plus, additions throughout the book explore new topics, such as when eating low-carb can actually be a problem, how stress affects the adrenal system, and why the government changed its mind about dietary cholesterol. And the organization has been extensively revised to make the valuable information on food and how it affects the body more user-friendly—and easier to apply to your own health needs.
Practical Paleo has proven to be the resource people reach for again and again for information on healthy living, delicious recipes, and guidance on changing your diet to improve your health.
What people are saying - Write a review
Everything Weve Been
We Cannot Improve What Nature Provides
Clearing Up Carb Confusion
Blood Sugar Regulation
The Liver and Gallbladder
Quick Tips for Optimizing Digestion
What Causes Leaky Gut?
How Can You Prevent Leaky Gut?
Balancing Blood Sugar
So Whats the Plan?
Living a Paleo Lifestyle
Frequently Asked Questions
Getting Fit and Losing Weight
Other editions - View all
1/2 teaspoon acid almond amazon.com antioxidant Apple avocado Avoziki Baked Bacon 260 Balsamic Beef Beets bell peppers berries black pepper blood sugar Blueberry Braised breakfast broccoli Brussels sprouts Burgers butter Butternut carbs carrots cauliflower Chicken Thighs chopped Cilantro cinnamon coconut oil COOKING diet digestive dish eggs any style EVOO extra-virgin olive oil flour fresh garlic garnish ghee ghee page 261 Grass-fed green salad Grilled Herb hormones ingredients kale Lamb leftover Lemon lettuce liver Mashed Faux-Tatoes meat Meatballs minutes Muffins NIGHTSHADE-FREE NIGHTSHADES nutrients nuts onion Online Orange Paleo Pancakes Perfectly Baked Bacon Pesto Pineapple pork Preheat the oven PREPTIME protein Pumpkin QUICK & EASY Raw Sauerkraut 262 recipe recommendations Roasted Romanesco salmon salsa sauce Sauerkraut Sausage Scallops sea salt seeds servings sesame skillet sliced Souvlaki Spaghetti Squash spinach steak Stuffed superfoods sweet potato Swirly Crustless Quiche tablespoons Tacos teaspoon tomatoes vegetables Vinaigrette VITAMIN Whole Foods Whole Foods Market