« PreviousContinue »
From Satan, sin, and death,
Have endless praise.
OFFICE AND MEDIATION OF CHRIST.
HYMN 105. L. M.
1. IMMORTAL God! on thee we call,
From thee we are, to thee we tend,
2. We praise that wise, that wondrous grace,
Should many sons to glory lead:
4. Jesus for us (O gracious name!)
5. A scene of wonders here we see,
HYMN 106. L. M.
1.TH' eternal Sov'reign from on high, Cast on the sons of men his eye,
To see, if any understood,
3. Both gone from wisdom's path astray,
5. No flesh shall boast of righteousness,
HYMN 107. L. M.
1. BEHOLD, the blind their sight receive!
Behold, the dead awake and live!
And seal the mission of the Son;
3. He dies; the heav'ns in mourning stood:
No more to bleed, no more to die.
4. Hence, and for ever, from my heart,
HYMN 108 L. M.
1. WHAT works of wisdom, pow'r and love,
He pours the bright celestial ray;
3. Lameness takes up its bed, and goes
Rejoicing in the strength that flows
4. The shatter'd mind his word restores, And tunes afresh the mental pow'rs; The dead revive, to life return,
And bid affection cease to mourn.
5. Canst thou, my soul, these wonders trace,
HYMN 109. L. M.
O thee, O God! we homage pay, Source of the light that rules the day! Who, while he gilds all nature's frame, Reflects thy rays, and speaks thy name. 2. In louder strains we sing that grace, Which gives the sun of righteousness, Whose nobler light salvation brings, And scatters healing from his wings. 3. Still on our hearts may Jesus shine With beams of light and love divine! Quicken'd by him, our souls shall live, And, cheer'd by him, shall grow and thrive.
4. O may his glories stand confess'd, From north to south, from east to west Successful may his gospel run,
Wide as the circuit of the sun.
5. When shall that radiant scene arise,
HYMN 110. L. M.
1. THOU, Lord, by mortal eyes unseen, And by thy offspring here unknown, To manifest thyself to men, Hast set thine image in thy Son. 2. As the bright sun's meridian blaze
O'erwhelms and pains our feeble sight, But cheers us with his softer rays,
When shining with reflected light; 3. So in thy Son, thy pow'r divine,
Thy wisdom, justice, truth and love, With mild and pleasing lustre shine, Reflected from thy throne above.
4. Though Jews, who granted not his claim, Contemptuous turn'd away their face; Yet those, who trusted in his name,
Beheld in him thy truth and grace. 5. O thou! at whose almighty word
Fair light at first from darkness shone,
That we may bear thy image too.
1. HOW beauteous are their feet,
Who stand on Zion's hill!
2. How charming is their voice!
That hear this joyful sound,
That see this heav'nly light!
And deserts learn the joy.
Their Saviour and their God.
HYMN 112 s. M.
1. BEHOLD, the Prince of peace!
The chosen of the
God's well-beloved Son, fulfils
2. No royal pomp adorns
This King of righteousness: Meekness and patience, truth and love, Compose his princely dress.
3. Jesus, thou light of men!
4. Cheer'd by its beams, our souls
HYMN 113. L. M.
1. NOW to the Lord a noble song! Awake my soul, awake my tongue,