« PreviousContinue »
Jove judicat æquo.-Hor.
Atque inimicitiam in fronte promptam gero-Ennius.
PUBLISHED BY THE PROPRIETOR.
I. HOMER'S ILIAD,
Translated by WILLIAM MUNFORD. In 2 volumes. Boston: Charles C. Little & James Brown. 1846. 8vo. II. THE PREACHER,
Ecclesiastes Anglicanus; being a Treatise on Preaching, as adapted to a Church of England Congregation, in a Series of Letters to a young Clergyman; by the REV. W. GRESLEY, M. A., late Student of Christ Church. "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Tim. ii. 15. First American, from the second English Edi. tion, with Supplementary Notes, collected and arranged by the REV. BENJAMIN J. HAIGHT, M. A., Professor of Pastoral Theology and Pulpit Eloquence in the General Theological Seminary of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States, and Rector of All Saints Church, New-York. NewYork: D. Appleton & Co. 1844.
III. ONSLOW, OR THE PROTEGE OF AN ENTHUSIAST; an Historical Traditionary Tale of the South. By a Gentleman of Alabama. Philadelphia: G. B. Zieber & Co., No. 3 Ledger Buildings,
1. Griffin's Remains. New-York: G. & C. & H. Car-
2. The Atheneum. London. Feb., 1846.
3. The Foreign Quarterly Review. London, Jan., 1845.
York: Harper & Brothers. 1841.
5. Letters from Italy. By J. T. HEADLY. Wiley & Put-
V. THE STUDY OF HISTORY,
Introductory Letters on Modern History. By THOMAS
VI. THE CONDITION OF WOMAN,
Woman in the Nineteenth Century. By S. MARGARET
VIII. THE NEBULAR HYPOTHESIS,
1. Speech of Henry Clay in defence of the American System, against the British Colonial System, with an Appendix. Washington. 1832.
2. Answers to Mr. Walker's Circulars. Washington. 1846.
Cosmogony-Views of the Architecture of the Heavens. In a Series of Letters to a Lady. By J. P. NICHOL, L.L.D., F.R.S.E., Professor of Practical Astronomy in the University of Glasgow. New-York: H. A. Chapin & Co. 1840. IX. CRITICAL NOTICES,
1. Addresses at the Inauguration of the Hon. Edward Everett, L.L.D., as President of the University at Cambridge,
2. Voyages of Discovery and Research within the Arctic Regions, from the year 1818 to the present time,
3. A Few Thoughts concerning the Theories of HighChurchmen and Tractarians,
9. Pictorial History of England,
10. Memoir of Johann Gottlieb Fichte,
11. The Life of Martin Luther,
6. "Boarding Out." A Tale of Domestic Life,
7. The Southern Journal of Medicine and Pharmacy,
8. The Farmer's Library and Monthly Journal of Agri
12. Life of Rev. Samuel H. Stearns, late Minister of the
13. Animal Magnetism; or Psychodunamy,
14. Twenty-four years in the Argentine Republic,
15. Elements of Military Art and Science,
16. The Oregon Territory, its History and Discovery,
The reader is requested to correct the following typographical errors, which notwithstanding great care, escaped attention in reading the proofs.
Page 85, line 2 from bottom for alone
130, lines 3 & 9 The note on page 104, should pe appended to the table on page 113.
read at home.